I like soya drink. Ever since I was 8 years old I think. It all started when I read one of the textbook, which I think the Bahasa Melayu textbook. There was a short story, something about establishing good daily routine or so. In the story, the girl woke up early, brushed her teeth, take her breakfast, go to school, do homework then go play, have a glass of milk before sleep, again, brushed her teeth and dozed off early.
Well, me, being an 8 years old, was fascinated with this story and suddenly got this idea on how to be a 'model daughter'. I copied the routine, just like what's written in the story; except three things: woke up early, dozed off early, and drink milk.I can't do anything about the sleep problem but I somehow modified the part where I need to drink milk. Since I strongly, disliked the taste of milk(especially ones without flavour), I did some improvisation. yeah, I take soy drink. before sleep. I kind off make sure that there'll be a box of seasons soy drink in the shopping cart whenever my dad took us for groceries shopping. That was the first meeting point of me and soy drink. Ever since then, my attachment to soy drink begun. I fell in love. Me and soy drink live happily ever after.
until...
I read an article,.....a research article in fact, that link soy drink with increasing level of estrogen that can be one of the contributing factor for breast cancer. Even though there are thousand other benefits in taking soy products, this piece of information was startling.
oh snap!!!!
I love soya drink but I don't want to get cancer. Nobody does. So I try to toned down a little bit of my obsession on soy drinks, by replacing it with caffeine. even so, I still have the compulsion to have soya drink at least once a months. at least. usually more. I just can't stop loving soy drinks.
hmmm..
are you still hazy about the point of this story??
It's ok, I like metaphorical way of writing...
What i'm trying to convey here is, in love, there is no such thing as loving someone 100% because you still need to reserve some of that load of love to yourself. Everything, and everyone is made with at least a little bit of defect. Knowing someone's defect doesn't mean that you need to distance away. instead, that should open the door towards better understanding of the person. Embrace the differences. If you can't then let go before things get out of control.
I guess, when I decide to love and settle down with someone, I hope that i'll love him like I love soy drink. It'll be everlasting.
oh ya...Selamat Hari Malaysia..
No comments:
Post a Comment